Are you ready to book Joyful Emotion Photography to document your wedding day?
If you are ready to move forward, please complete the booking form/contract below.
Once completed, an invoice will be emailed to you. A deposit of $1,500 is required to secure your date. Your deposit is non-refundable and confirms your booking in my calendar as well as the current pricing.
Booking Form/Contract Agreement
(don’t forget to “SUBMIT” this form once you’ve completed it and read the Terms and Conditions below)
Photography Agreement | Standard Terms & Conditions
• All collections include full print reproduction rights (this means you can print your own photos and they will be provided to you in full resolution).
• Photographer retains copyrights to all photos (this means I can use these photos to promote my business)
• GST will be added to your invoice.
• Client is responsible for any fees related to location choice (parking, admissions, etc). Travel fees will be added to your invoice.
• After 6 hours of coverage, you are responsible for providing a seat and meal for all photographers attending the reception.
• Payment Schedule: Your first payment, a non-refundable fee of $1,500 is due upon your completion of this Agreement. The balance is due 30 days before your wedding date.
• Your photos will represent the style you see on my website (unless otherwise agreed upon). However, please understand that each wedding is different and will look different and cannot be expected to have the same look or feel as other weddings you have seen in my portfolio. The choices you make for your wedding (from the details, to the attire, the flowers, the location choices, venue, etc) will define the look of your images and how the story comes together through still photography.
• I am not responsible for any individuals who may choose not to cooperate with the photography process. If someone, whether it be the groom or someone in the bridal party, is not enjoying the process and this comes across in the pictures that are taken, I will not be responsible for this outcome. It is up to each person in the wedding party to contribute to this process in a positive way. I will do my best to communicate with and direct the subjects but if people choose not to listen it will be the bride and groom’s responsibility to address any issues that may affect the result of the images.
• Often people rely on the security that their photographer will “fix that in photoshop” if for example their dress doesn’t look the best in one area or their makeup or hair isn’t perfect. Please do not make decisions for your wedding based on this notion. Heavy editing manipulation is not part of the editing process. If there are images you’d like to see extra work done on, this can be done after you have seen the images at an extra cost (note that not everything can be fixed). This type of editing will be outsourced to companies that specialize in this kind of photo manipulation. What is included is basic editing such as exposure, saturation, contrast, shadows, highlights, sharpness, noise and color correction. If you have a question about a specific edit you’d like done please communicate your request to us and we will let you know if it would fall under special edits. Extra costs may be billed for special edits.
• Light is an important element of photography and the quality of light we are given on your wedding day (both by mother nature and the choices you make for your wedding) will define how your images will look. A heavily overcast and rainy day will make your images feel darker and less vibrant than pictures taken on a day with warm sunlight. A light overcast might mean that we have more flexibility in terms of where we can take pictures where as a bright sunny afternoon means that we will need to find shade. Choices that you make such as where you get ready and your ceremony location will also impact the way the images will look. These are not things you can always control (especially the weather) but I do want you to understand that they will impact how your images will look. A picture taken in the evening with a warm sun setting can look drastically different than one taken in high noon under shade or on an overcast day. A picture taken in a dark basement while getting ready will look very different from one taken in a well lit room or hotel room. While I am comfortable shooting in all these different lighting conditions I do need you to understand that better light creates better images overall and while we can do things in post-production to improve the look of an image that was taken in poor light, it will never look as good as one that was taken in good light.
• In order to reserve Joyful Emotion for a wedding date, the bride and groom must complete this Wedding Photography Agreement and pay the nonrefundable Retainer. By completing this Agreement, the bride and groom agrees to be legally obligated to all the terms herein. The bride and groom shall each be jointly and severally liable under this Agreement for the obligations of the bride and groom here under.
• Pricing reflected in this Agreement is guaranteed for 30 days from our first meeting/contact about your wedding date. If this Agreement is changed or updated, or pricing changes after such 30 day period you will need to enter into the then-current Agreement to retain the services of Joyful Emotion Photography (Jessica Handjiev). Once this Agreement is completed, pricing is guaranteed.
• In order for Joyful Emotion Photography (Jessica Handjiev) to properly photograph your wedding, we require you to fill out a form at least three weeks prior to your wedding to review the wedding day schedule and final details.
• Final payment hereunder is due 30 days before your wedding. In the event the 30 day payment is not received, Joyful Emotion will not be required to provide photography services and may terminate this Agreement and retain the Retainer and other monies paid hereunder as liquidated damages and not as a penalty.
• In order for Joyful Emotion Photography (Jessica Handjiev) to complete your wedding photographs in a timely manner, it is absolutely necessary that everyone be ready at their prearranged times. This includes having travel arrangements made, having the church or temple open, and your flowers ready and available for your portrait time. Please be conservative with time when scheduling your wedding day activities. If you need help deciding how much time to allot for photographs, please ask me.
• In no event shall client consult, contract with or engage any other professional photographer for the purposes of covering the wedding day or any other event covered by this Agreement. To ensure the quality of photographs, guests with cameras should refrain from using flashes or moving about (or leaning into the isle) to get a better angle during the ceremony. They may take pictures from their seats. We don’t want some of your most important photos ruined because uncle Bob decided he wants to use his fancy camera on your day so he steps into the isle to grab a shot and the pro photographers’ pictures are ruined. It shall be the client’s responsibility to inform guests of the above restrictions and to enforce such restrictions.
• Ensuring the appropriate behavior of all guests and other persons at the wedding and other events covered by Joyful Emotion Photography (Jessica Handjiev) shall be the responsibility of the bride and groom. In the event any Joyful Emotion photographer experiences any inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behavior from any guest or other person at the wedding or other event (including, but not limited to, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature) then the following process shall be followed: first offense: a verbal warning will be issued to a family member of the bride or groom; second offense: the offending person will be required to leave the wedding or other event; third offense: Joyful Emotion will end wedding coverage immediately and leave the event, this Agreement shall be deemed to be terminated, Joyful Emotion shall be relieved of all responsibilities under this Agreement following such termination, Joyful Emotion shall be entitled to retain the Retainer and all other monies paid hereunder and client agrees to relieve Joyful Emotion and hold Joyful Emotion harmless as a result of incomplete wedding or event photography coverage.
• Joyful Emotion requires that a meal be provided for all Joyful Emotion photographers for any wedding coverage exceeding 6 hours.
• In the event of postponement or cancellation of the wedding, the Retainer and all payments received to date shall be retained by Joyful Emotion and shall be non-refundable in all respects. Clients shall provide Joyful Emotion with at least two (2) weeks notice prior to any cancellation or postponement of the wedding. If your date changes to the following year, it can be carried over to the next year under the same price arrangement or up to 2 years thereafter under the current pricing at that time.
• Average turnaround time for delivery of digital files is as follows: engagement session: 4-6 weeks. Weddings: 12-16 weeks.
• If you have chosen a package with a second photographer, the following is to be expected from the 2nd shooter role: they will be expected to provide their own transportation. if coverage exceeds 6 hours, the second shooter requires a meal and seat as well. 2nd shooter will cover up to 10 hours of coverage alongside the main photographer. Additional required coverage will be billed additionally. Joyful Emotion will not be held responsible for any unpredictable behaviour or events brought on by the 2nd photographer.
• Due to the rapid pace and unpredictable nature of wedding photography, Joyful Emotion does not guarantee the delivery of any requested or expected photographs.
• Joyful Emotion does not guarantee a specific number of images and will provide enough to tell your story. Typical weddings will receive between 500-1,000 edited images.
• By completing this Agreement all parties agree to and acknowledge the style of photography performed by Owner/Photographer of note. No refunds shall be made for services and goods provided.
• The clients acknowledge and agree that the style of photography provided hereunder is based on the style represented on http://www.joyfulemotion.com
• Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, there are NO returns or refunds on services provided hereunder or on any albums or other items provided hereunder.
• Any and all defects in the photographs, images, files or other products provided by Joyful Emotion shall be communicated to Joyful Emotion within one (1) week of client’s receipt of products, failing which client shall be barred from making any claim for such defects.
• Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement to the contrary, the client’s sole remedy for an actual breach by Joyful Emotion of its obligations under this Agreement, shall be a termination of this Agreement and a refund of the Retainer and other monies collected hereunder up to the date of such breach or, at Joyful Emotion’s option, the replacement of photographs, images or other items provided hereunder. In no event shall Joyful Emotion be liable for monetary damages, whether in tort, for breach of contract or otherwise, under this Agreement for an amount in excess of the Retainer and any other monies paid hereunder.
• Upon delivery of the hi-resolution wedding files, the client will be entirely responsible for the originals and all copies of their wedding files and photographs and Joyful Emotion shall not be required, in any event, to reproduce or replace any such files or photographs that are lost, stolen or destroyed. It is recommended to make a back up copy every five years, which copies shall be subject in all cases to the limitations contained in this Agreement.
• All digital images and other digital material are copyrighted property of Joyful Emotion. It is hereby expressly agreed that Joyful Emotion shall have right to use such images or other material for display, publication, competition or other purposes as determined in the sole discretion of Joyful Emotion. Client’s will also have ownership of the images including full print re-production rights. Client has permission to produce copies directly from the files; provided, however, that any and all copies shall only be for the private and personal use of client, in no event shall client or any other person, other than Joyful Emotion, make any copies for the purpose of sale or publication and in no event shall client or any other person, other than Joyful Emotion, sell or publish any photographs or images provided by Joyful Emotion (or any copies thereof).
• Initial album designs may take up to 4 weeks or longer to complete. Within three (3) months of client’s receipt of an image catalog, the client must provide Joyful Emotion with client’s album selections. Client shall email to communicate any design changes desired by client. Following this initial change request, any design changes requested by client will be charged at a rate of $50 per change. Each design change will take approximately 1-2 weeks to complete.
• This Agreement shall be governed by the substantive laws of the Province of Alberta, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any dispute under this Agreement that cannot be resolved by Joyful Emotion and client after thirty (30) days of receipt of notice of the dispute shall be first be submitted to a neutral mediator selected by Joyful Emotion. In the event the mediator cannot resolve the dispute, the remaining issues in dispute may be submitted to the rel-evant court of the Province of Alberta. The provincial and federal courts of the Province of AB shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any such dispute and each party hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of such courts upon them and service of process by mail.
• In the event of any breach of this Agreement by client, Joyful Emotion shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and retain the Retainer and any other monies paid by client hereunder. In addition to the other remedies expressly stated in this Agreement, Joyful Emotion shall have all other remedies available to it at law or in equity upon the breach of this Agreement by client.
• In no event shall Joyful Emotion be liable under this Agreement for any consequential, incidental or punitive damages, or for lost profits.
• In no event shall this Agreement be modified, altered or amended without the prior written agreement of each party hereto.
• This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, representations and understandings between the parties (whether written or oral) with respect to its subject matter and constitutes (along with the exhibits and schedules attached hereto) a complete and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between the parties with respect to its subject matter.
• If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Any provision of this Agreement held invalid or unenforceable only in part or degree will remain in full force and effect to the extent not held invalid or unenforceable.
• In the event of a divorce or separation of the bride and groom prior to Joyful Emotion’s delivery to the bride and groom of the photographs, images, files or other products supplied by Joyful Emotion hereunder, Joyful Emotion may implead any or all such items into any court of competent jurisdiction and shall thereafter be relieved of any further responsibilities, liabilities or obligations relating to such items and performance under this Agreement.
• Joyful Emotion shall not be liable for its delay in performing or failure to perform under this Agreement as a result of any circumstances, events or contingencies beyond its reasonable control, including but limited to acts of God, fires, floods, wars, civil insurrection, sabotage, equipment or machinery breakdown, accidents, labor disputes or shortages, any governmental laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, bans, delay or inability to obtain supplies, labor, raw materials, energy, transportation, and any other similar circumstance, event or contingency.